Monday, August 13, 2012

Mini Mission Monday


So I love the blog 365 Less Things blog but I can't always find the time or energy to do her weekly Mini Mission Monday. Update on the last one I attempted ... I talked about it here ... and for that week I managed to only do 3 out of the 7 challenges. I organized (and tossed) the kids shoe cabinet, I went through my stationary and greeting cards box (again tossed a few old ones that I don't ever see myself using), and put all the electrical cords and chargers back in the basket where they belonged.

This week, the challenges seem really easy. Sometimes I don't have to take time to organize and thoroughly clean an area. I might benefit from just tossing out a few things and feeling less cluttered. This is perfect during busy weeks where I feel so unorganized, decluttering is bound to help me feel better.

You're welcome to join me ...

Monday – There is usually at least one make-up item among the others that we once thought suited our pearticular kind of beauty but now wonder where we got that idea. If you have such an item but haven’t had the sense to throw it away yet, today is the day.

Tuesday – How many handbags do you have and how many of them do you actually use. Declutter one that that you haven’t used in a long time because you don’t love it like you once did.

Wednesday – Declutter one of those once favourite outfits that you never wear any more. Chances are it is now way out of fashion.

Thursday – Check your keepsake box for something you kept but now wonder why. Declutter anything that you feel this way about.

Friday - What is on your walls? Is there something hanging there simply out of habit that you don’t really want or even particularly like? Now is the time to declutter it.

Saturday - Have a look in your display cabinet there is bound to be something lingering in there that you long ago lost interest in. Time to send it to the thrift shop.

Sunday- Look in your jewellery box – Are you really going to wear all of those earrings again or that ring your old boyfriend gave you? Time to cull a few things in there don’t you think?

(excerpt from 365 Less Things blog)

No comments: